Tuesday, March 1, 2011




Timmy woke up feeling better. He has not had a fever all day. I am giving him medicine just as a precaution. He napped for about an hour and now he is putting stickers onto foam (thanks, LeeAnn). We were finally able to Skype with Jim and Jake. Timmy seemed to enjoy seeing them, and showed this with some cute smiles. He recognizes them from the album that I sent over before I traveled. He said the word for brother when Jake spoke to him. He also said Baba when he saw Jim. How heartwarming!

In about an hour we are going to a local Walmart for supplies. There are several things that I didn’t think to pack that I plan to pick up. One of the items is a sippy cup. Timmy is delayed with his eating and drinking skills. This may be from group living where he may not have had a lot of experience with different foods. From the pictures of his foster family, I don’t think he was with them more than a year. That means that his first 2 years may have been spent in the orphanage. He is tentative about trying new things. I am sure part of that is his very new transition to me. It is fun to watch his baby steps towards trust. Today he wanted to sit on my lap and raised his arms for me to pick him up.

1 comment:

  1. super cute pictures! and i'm happy he's feeling better. what a trip for you both!

    ReplyDelete