Sunday, March 6, 2011

In 5 days we will travel home. I am ready to see the rest of my family!

Timmy is having a very good day. We opted out of the tour to a Buddhist Temple and arts center. Instead we took a long walk with another CCAI family. Timmy liked running ahead and checking back to see if I was nearby. This is a big step from needing me to hold him all the time. He HATES the stroller, so when he is tired of walking, I still have to carry him. I thought a stroller would be perfect, and the stores all around the White Swan loan them out to adoptive families for the week; in hopes that you will shop in their store. So, I have a great toddler stroller and he screams every time I try to sit him in it.

I am learning about his sense of humor. He has a wicked, silly grin and a great giggle. We play games of hide and seek and tickling in the room and he lets out some great laughs. His first English words have been “oh no” in response to games on the iphone. He also says uh oh and he is repeating the English names of animals on the app. Peek A Boo Barn.

He still cries deeply at times; especially when he awakes from his nap. The pain of his separation from his foster family will take a long time to heal. Meanwhile, I got my first kiss from him this morning. The sweet trust of this boy is such an incredible gift. We are blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I check everyday for your updates. Thanks for sending them, and thanks to Mike for posting them! What a physical and emotional journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate expressed by feelings completely! I can only imagine what a wonderful feeling that little kiss sent through your whole body. It's a very important first! Here's to many, many more wonderful firsts for you and your family!
    My very best to all of you.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete