Saturday, March 19, 2011

One Week Milestone

Timmy has been home for one week. We are doing a little better each day. Timmy is showing signs of being more comfortable with us. He is sleeping easier, and has transitioned into his own bed to start the night, at least. We really kept things quiet and did not go out to many places with him. About midweek I went out for an hour giving Timmy time to get used to Jim watching him. Then, yesterday I went out for about 3 hours. The guys did pretty well; with Timmy only crying for parts of the time. This weekend, I will go out again to keep repeating the idea that I will go and return. Monday starts my first day back to work, so the bonding will fast tracked then. Jim has been finding ways to interact with Timmy through little games and taking care of some of his needs.
On a funny note... we took the boys to the kid's haircutting place. I was concerned that the experience might be frightening for Timmy, so he watched his brother get his hair cut first. Then, it was Timmy's turn and he began to fall asleep. I ended up holding his head so it wasn't bobbing all over. Obviously, he wasn't afraid. Here is a picture of Timmy and Jake sporting their new haircuts.

1 comment:

  1. great story! haha! glad to know that things are improving. we're thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete