Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tough Day




Roughest day yet. Timmy is starting to realize that he isn’t going back to his foster family. He has cried deep, soul wrenching sobs several times today and throughout the past night. All I can do is hold him through it. In between we have some smiles, but mostly he is sad, sad, sad. I learned that he spent the last two years with his foster family. He believes they are his family and he does not understand that he cannot stay with them by law. The grief is a necessary step, but really hard. Several of the adoptive families are struggling today because the children have down time and they are beginning to understand that this change isn’t temporary.


3 comments:

  1. I'm aching for you. I remember those deep unyielding sobs. There is no other sound like it on earth. All I could do was hold him and try to imitate the sounds he was making. I had no idea if it were words, name or just sounds, but--- I had to let him know I heard him and I felt it too. UGHHHH. My heart goes to you two today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Timmy today! (and for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugging you in spirit, Linda. I know those cries all too well, and my heart breaks for the both of you. This process is so bitter sweet. xoxo

    ReplyDelete