Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4

Last night Timmy slept better with only a little whimpering every once in a while. Since the first night, he continues to grind his teeth. I expect this comes from his nervousness about all of the changes. I hadn’t known that a toddler might react to stress in this way.

Unfortunately more change is on the way. While he naps I am going to pack up our things for today’s flight to southern China. I practiced wearing the sling because he wants to be held so much in new situations. The sling will help to save my back in the airport. I used it with Jake too when we first picked him up.

He is happier today and he is being more ornery (which I welcome!). While I was in the shower he pulled a snickers bar out of the room refrigerator. Also, he has been throwing things and watching my reaction. For now, I am taking it as a game and laughing with him. Later there will be time for setting boundaries. I did say “no” in Chinese when he went to dump the bubble solution on the floor. Another good sign is that he is eating more. Beside junk food, which he is a fan of, he ate dumplings and noodles for lunch.

Let’s hope all of the children in our group make the transition to the next hotel as smoothly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment