Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Package to Timmy

As we prepared a package for Timmy, I was reminded of when we sent our package out to Jake. They actually returned the photo album as well as the voice recorded card. I remember him showing us the items at the final ceremony. He loved opening the card and hearing our message to him. This time Jake was able to help us pick out items for his brother's package.

I am less sure that any of the items will get to Timmy. Our information says that he is staying in a foster home. Is this home close to the orphanage that will receive the package? Will the items ever make it to him and his foster family? We may never know. We are allowed to send multiple packages, so I will continue each week. Even if the items do not get to Timmy, they will brighten the day of other orphans. For this first package, I included the following items: socks, a sleeper with feet, a special spoon and fork, a toy car, markers, chocolates (for the family), a nail trimming kit, a disposable camera, perfume (for his foster mom), a photo album and a book.

I hope he at least receives the photo album with labels in Chinese. We love you little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment