Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here in China!

Phew!!! Finally in Beijing. We arrived close to midnight last night, so it was perfect to jump into bed and catch up on my sleep. Now, it is 5:30am and I am wide awake. Customs was quick and easy. The Beijing airport was clean and quiet. There are English words on lots of signs, so navigating was easy. Right across the street from our hotel is a huge Tiffany’s building; all lit up like New York City.

I met a couple on the flight who are also adopting a little boy with the same agency. They happened to join my flight after their connection was canceled stateside. We have a lot in common. Talking with them made the experience more enjoyable and time moved more quickly.

This update comes to you by way of e-mail to my brother and then posted. There is no access to Blogs or Facebook over here. More later and thanks for following!

1 comment: