Friday, January 7, 2011

Update On Our Journey to Timmy

This process for China is more complicated than Ethiopia, but we are nearing the end when we will have Timmy in our arms. This weekend I will apply for my visa to travel. We are one week into a two week wait for something called an Article 5. Once that is done, there will be about a two week wait until I hear travel news. The fastest travel date would be near the end of February. More likely, would be the first part of March. That will be here before we know it!! Yea, Timmy we are coming soon.
Jake is excited to have a new brother. He knows that Timmy will share his room and share his life. Someone recently pointed out that unlike a baby brother, Jake will have an instant playmate. We hope they quickly learn to play and love each other.
We will soon know more about our son from China. I wonder if he will fit into Jake's outgrown clothes. Will he warm to me during our two stay in China. Will he warm to his Ababa and brother quickly once we arrive at home. Will he be afraid of our black lab and cats? Will he learn English as quickly as Jake did? What health concerns will we need to overcome with him?
With adoption, we are gifted the life of a little one who comes to us complete with a developed personality, likes and dislikes, and with a life history already. This process humbles me and grants me a new perspective on life.

3 comments:

  1. I am humbled with you, Linda!

    Hoping for a quick Article 5, whatever that is, but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update--he'll be home in PA before you know it. I think Jake will have an adjustment period, but then I'm sure he'll love having another little guy in the house to play with (who's not as stodgy as you and Jim ;-). I think he'll LOVE the animals. Yay! --Kate L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! What an exciting time and Jake will be an awesome big brother. Praying you'll meet your new son very soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete