Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jake's First Race

Lining up for the 1 mile fun run (Red Rose Run)

His running/skip
Jake, Timmy and I walked down to the Red Rose Run to support Uncle Mike. When I saw Jake running to get there, I asked him if he wanted to participate. He did. So 5 minutes after Mike's start, Jake lined up for the 1 mile fun run. He wasn't too sure of this new experience. As older children passed him on the first hill, I heard him start to cry. Luckily, I was running behind him with Tim in the stroller. We caught up and encouraged him to finish. At the 1/2 mile he started skipping and finished the race with a combination of running and skipping. He was proud of himself, but disappointed that he didn't get a gold medal. :) I hope this is the start of a lifetime interest in running. Uncle Mike and I have shared that interest over the years.

2 comments:

  1. The best events are often unplanned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should've gotten a medal just for running! Great story. I love the running/skipping combo. That's how I'd run (if I HAD to ;-).

    ReplyDelete