Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Reflections








We spent the weekend together as a family in Cape May. What an awesome Mother's Day weekend. Jacob LOVED the beach and wanted to jump right into the cold water. My heart just swelled with love as I watched him experience another "first".
Jim made the day special by bringing down a bottle of champagne and treating me to a special lunch. Then when we arrived home from the beach, he drew me a bath, lit candles, and took care of Jacob while I relaxed. I put Jacob to bed and we played a long game of tickling. He wanted more and more. :)
On reflection about this Mother's Day; I think I feel it more deeply having waited through sooo many other years when my heart ached to hold a little one. Jacob is just the child for us. He is a joy and a challenge. He often charms his way out of trouble when he has pushed the limits too far. Then we hear, "I love you Mommy!" or "I love you Ababa!" and see his charming smile. It is really hard to follow through sometimes. But, we know that love is setting limits and teaching him to trust and not to always strive for control. I look forward to experiencing more firsts and seconds and thirds, ..... with him (and his Ababa!).

2 comments:

  1. Linda, What precious pictures of your beautiful boy enjoying the beach! Happy Mother's Day to you! I certainly can relate to the joy of finally being able to celebrate Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness to you for your long-awaited MOTHERS DAY. I remember writing an email to you one year ago....and wishing so hard.

    ReplyDelete