Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jacob's Antics




Last night I came home late from work and expected Jacob to be asleep. It was about 9pm. Well, he was peeking at me from around the stairs. We snuggled and I put him back in bed. He didn't settle down and we repeated the cycle several times. Finally, all seemed quiet. It was nearly 11pm and Jim and I were ready to go to sleep ourselves. Jacob was STILL awake!! We put him in bed and turned in.
We couldn't understand him. He usually goes to bed easily and falls asleep by 8pm. But, last night he cried off and on and just wouldn't settle. I started to think it might be because I was away for two nights (nice, guilty feelings). Finally after 11pm, we were all asleep.
I woke up early and went to make sure he was still covered. As I reached for his quilt, my hand hit something in his bed. There was a can of Coke nearly empty under his covers!!! No wonder he didn't fall asleep; he was full of caffeine. Not one of our brightest moments as parents. Apparently, he took an opened can out of the frig. When?? Who knows!
PS... The can he is drinking from in the picture is full of water. I know, probably NOT a good idea anymore!
The first picture is how he uses his musical leap frog. (as a stepping stool)
The last picture is of him acting like a lion, which he often does. (scary :))

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linda! Donovan forwarded me your blog and I am thrilled to see you guys home happily with your little man. He's a doll! OMG--the Coke can thing is hilarious. Sosi, I'm sure, will get into the same antics. Hope you got some sleep!

    We'll have to plan a get-together sometime soon!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is so funny! Reminds me of another picture I have seen of him...

    ReplyDelete