Sunday, October 18, 2009

What Wednesday Means

On Wednesday, October 21st, our case comes before a judge in Ethiopia. If all of the paperwork is in order, and the schedule isn't too full, we will officially become Melkamu's parents. Shortly after that, they will issue a birth certificate and assign our travel date.


The date will always be special. It is special for another reason; Nathan Byers, my sweet nephew was born on that date. He was the first niece or nephew in my family and always held a special place in so many hearts. Jim and I were blessed to share our home with him for a year. I will treasure our dinners together and late nights when I talked with him in his bedroom. Sadly, he passed away in March 2009. Passing court on that date will mean that our son shares a connection with his cousin already in heaven. Nathan will celebrate with us from his vantage point. I miss you!



No comments:

Post a Comment